Saturday, September 26, 2015

Day 175: Mainely Lakes?

Ahh, another well placed pun.

In the whites we came across a couple we had been hiking with in early NY. Due to visa constraints, she couldn't finish the trail. I suggested they flip so she could see what was supposedly the best part of the trail. They took that advice and got through the whites! Perfect for them. They told us way back then that we would breeze through Maine because it was basically just winding through flat lake country. Well, up till now, I would have said they were completely full of shit. Maine has been crazy hard almost every mile. But that is about to change I hope.

We just did the Bigelows. A beautiful little range and one of the last multiple peak mountain chains we see on our guide. 2 4000 ft peaks and 2 minor peaks. Again, I'm pointing to what I think may be katahdin.

We descended the Bigelows to a huge lake and had several flat miles before settling in at flagstaff campsite. After today we planned bigger mile days, so I hope what we heard is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment