Monday, April 20, 2015

Day 14: rainy day to mile 131

Wow. I need to get new Chacos. I was sliding around again all day. And with a 15 mile day about, the sliding makes it feel like a lot more effort. I washed my shoes and feet in a stream and in their cleaner state I actually saw how little tread I have left on them. Hopefully the NOC place up ahead carries Chacos. Otherwise I'll have to do the smokies in these.

Today was a day with two towers. The first we were in a cloud. Which was unfortunate becuase.it was a tourist tower with plaques identifying the mountains all around.

The second tower came at the end of the day. The rain had finally let up and though still cloudy, the cloud ceiling was much higher. But this tower was old and even had rotten wood in the observation deck. So kinda sketchy.

We got some genuine trail magic action today at lunch. We had previously seen this truck pulling a trailer that set a table.up with water and camp fuel for refills at two gaps over the last weeks. But we never saw the owner. Today at noon we came to a gap and met King Croc (he hikes in Crocs!) Who gave us hot dogs and twinkies. I thought twinkies had been discontinued! Thanks for the hot dogs King Croc!

It's 730 and I want to sleep already. Little more to eat before we retire though.

No comments:

Post a Comment