Sunday, April 5, 2015

Day 5: Neels Gap to Low Gap

We thought today was gonna be a cinch given our awesomeness over Blood Mtn. Nope. It was a surprisingly hard 10 miles. We got to Low Gap and called it quits. Becca and I attempted to wash our socks downstream of the shelter. My socks were really gross, even for me. I have not changed them yet. Lol. I am disgusting but I am a thru hiker so I finally fit in. Hopefully our tent smells significantly better than last night.

We have hiked about 50 miles so far! No trail names and though we keep on overlapping with the same 20ish people, we haven't really joined a particular "group" as such.

1 comment:

  1. Not so off the grid....not so alone in the wilderness.....but beautiful every day. It gets really good starting in New Hampshire. Don't hesitate to change socks and carry more of them.... children and old people do this, and so can you. wild ponies are the best part of virginia. start some rumors about Bob Peoples of kincora, tennessee, and beware of the NOROVIRUS in TN and NC. It is for real. Stay strong, stay humble. A journey of 2200 miles begins with one step. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete