Sunday, May 3, 2015

Day 31: It's been a month

I'm not sure if I should say, it's been a month? Or, it's only been a month?

It's strange that somehow at the same time I can feel both that it's going by so fast, because it seems like we were at amicalola, but also so slow because I can't believe it's been 31 days.

Maybe the perception of length differs for.time and.for.distance.

We made sure.to wake up early so.we.could hike 11 miles before the advertised trail magic at Sam's Gap ended at 3. We got there just after 12.

The feed was hosted by several older gentlemen and a lady who are from the Irwin and surrounding areas and have each section hiked the AT. This is their 10th year of doing the feed. The weird thing was that the gap was absolutely freezing and though the food was delicious and I am grateful for it, I had.to get out of there and into the woods to.hide.from the wind. I forgot to even take a picture of the wonderful spread.

Right now I am at a gap waiting for Sward and BLoo to arrive, hoping they didn't decide.to just stay there all day. Hopefully they are not.too far behind and we can pitch our tents and warm up.

Thats the precarious thing about hiking as a couple, we have split some equipment and are therefor very dependent on eachother for setting up camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment