Sunday, May 17, 2015

Day 46: Bye Pip, Pippi, SWard, Sister

Ahh. Becca and I are back in the quiet woods. We got.rid of.our extra camp food and gave away the unopened pbr to Colonel, who offered to take us back to the trail. We hiked 3 miles to a spring and set up camp. We will do 15 tomorrow and get back to damascus by monday, when hopefully.most of the shit show will be cleaned out.

This is a very profound day for.us too. It marks.our departure from SWard.

I felt.like I was missing something when I got my.pack on and stepped.onto the trail. Is it my headlamp or my knife or my water filter? No, it was our sister!

It was surreal walking back through the field that was previously the site of a debaucherous hiker party, but was now quiet and clean.

Getting through the fields and into the woods it started to sink in how much Sarah feels like a part of this adventure and how much we will.miss her. I am so lucky to have a sibling like her. She is kind and caring , but tough and independent too. She was a great AT hiker and probably made friends with twice as many people as Becca and I so far.

We didn't even get a really good farewell with her because Colonel was on kinda a tight schedule to get back to town. But that's the way it is between siblings, I'll see her in a few months. No need for big goodbyes. She knows we love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment