Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Day 40: To Hampton

After posting yesterday's blog, I stood up off the hill and something popped in my shin. It didn't hurt too bad at first and we ate ice cream and soda when the owner of the hostel finally came back home.

But when we started the hike back to the AT it got real bad. In the tent I was unable to pull my toe toward my shin. I thought I may have torn a tendon or something and that would be a disaster. I was being kinda dramatic I guess, but it was scary.

Fortunately on the hike into Hampton I felt fine and the pain was completely gone. So I have no idea what that was.

The hike into the Laurel gorge was beautiful. The falls were amazing and we hiked into town to get subway. Hell yeah 2 for $10!

SWard surprised us with an offer to put us up in a cabin for the night, all we had to do was find a ride back up the mountain. We went to the gas station so we could ask people and the very first guy I asked offered to take us there even though it was completely out of his way. He wouldn't take the cash I offered him. Lottsa nice people out here.

The Black Bear Resort is beautiful. We love this place.

1 comment:

  1. Lukey, That is so wierd, so glad you are okay now! Love the pictures, everything looks so beautiful! Love ya, Kristy

    ReplyDelete