Saturday, May 30, 2015

Day 59: Swimming Pools

We weren't planning on staying in Pearisburg, but after a good pizza buffet session I didn't much feel like hiking on. So I talked Becca into staying at the motel in town that had a swimming pool.

Great decision on my part I must say ;)

The weather was perfect and the water, despite being just opened, was not too cold for an occasional dip. So we read on the deck, drank a few new to us local beers, and read. Idyllic.

What was not idyllic was the. Hines buffet we had previously turned away from based on the storefront looking sketchy. But other hikers said it was ok, so we went. I now remember why it has been so long since I last partook in a AYCE Chinese buffet. It is an embodiment of all that I'd wrong with America. Gross excess at the cost of quality. Not even my hiker stomach could look past it.

The bed was super bouncy, a nice change from the ground. I slept the best I have slept in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment