Monday, July 13, 2015

Day 102: Pennsylvania does not like my kilt

We quickly hiked the first 10 miles this morning in order to make The 501 Shelter by lunch. At the 502, our guide said you can get a pizza delivered. Right before the shelter we called to reduce the time between ordering and waiting at the shelter and eating our delicious pizza. To our great dismay, when asking for delivery, we were told that they don't deliver till 4 on Saturday. Pizzafail.

I am tired of these fails though, so while becca stayed at the shelter, I hitched into town to bring back a pizza. Easier said then done. Hitching here was much more difficult than we have yet experienced. Fortunately a family done hiking for the day agreed to take me. But not before the male asked, "So what's the deal with your skirt?"

I got a beer at the pub while the pizzas were made and then carried 4 liters of soda and 2 large pizzas (other hikers got Becca to call in more orders to me) to the edge of town. It took me at least an hour to hitch the 6ish miles back to the trail. I'm pretty sure it's because of my "skirt"

No comments:

Post a Comment