Saturday, July 25, 2015

Day 115 : the garden state

More great hiking today on the way to Vernon NJ. We hiked for a few miles around a wetlands preserve and over super long boardwalks amd then up into the mountains with more gorgeous paths. We planned to end the day by resulting in vernon amd then hiking back out.

At the junction to the town we stopped in at heavenly hill farmstand where I got to pick up a new pair of chacos and get some ice cream. It only took asking one couple to hitch a ride into town and they dropped us off at a grocery store. It was exactly 5 oclock and I decided to try to hit the post office in order to send my old chacos in to be restrapped. They were just locking the door. so while I looked bewildered.in the lobby looking at how to get my shoes in the mail at the diy stand, the employees reopened amd saying they felt.sorry for the poor hiker they stayed a few minutes later to rush me through the mailing process.

After the resupply we were kinda sapped and not looking forward to a late evening climb with unknown camping options. So we walked into town and checked into the church hostel in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment