Friday, August 14, 2015

Day 136: InTents Timing

I think we can all agree, the entire world and all cultures can agree, puns are the highest form of humour.

The campsite was beautiful but cold since we were pretty high up and exposed.

Nothing too special about the hiking. The theme of the new England states so far has been slippery roots, slippery rocks, and patches of muddy trail that for now are hard and we can step in or over, but that is soon to change.

As we descended the major.mou tain of the day we knew we were close to camp, but we could also hear the thunder of an approaching storm. Right when we felt the first drips Becca found us a site and as soon as the rain picked up we were ready to throw our bags in the tent. See the timing was Intense!

Unfortunately in our hurry, I threw my bag in to prevent everything from getting wet. But i did it without locking out my water tube amd when we.got.in and I turned my.bag over there was half a liter of water forming a puddle. Isn't it ironic, don't ya think?

1 comment: