Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Day 145: We Love Vermont!

So the barn was awesome. When trucks sped by at night the wind vortex they created caught the barn and rattled the entire structure. I though I could feel the place sorta twist and then shudder. In the morning we had coffee with Dan and thanked him again.

Then it was more steep ups and downs and sweatiness until we got to West Hartford VT. Right when we exited the trail a family was doing a bbq for hikers. They gave us hotdogs and their three young children came by with homemade hikers census forms for us to fill out. Adorable.

Just.down the road was the bridge jump we have been hearing about for a week or two. About a 30.foot.drop.into perfectly cool river water. After the splash I could just.float and let the eddy carry me to the bank. I had.to jump 2 more.times and I plan on one more.if the morning isn't too cold.

Just across the street is a trail.angel named Linda that let's hikers stay I'm the attic.of her garage which is outfitted with several beds and about 100 movies. We are watching grumpy.old men now.

During the movie Linda came up and incited us down for dinner. I guess her grandchildren don't like bbq chicken. So we were extra lucky tonight and got quarter legs of chicken and mac salad and bomb pops. We are so fortunate.

Tomorrow.we hike into New Hampshire.

No comments:

Post a Comment