Monday, August 31, 2015

Day 153: Franconia delay

So after yesterday's complete ass kicking, we weren't sure we could make it the 14 miles up and over lafayette.

We started the day by hiking down to the Lonesome lake hut for coffee. Sweaty Yeti aka Kazooie was there, as well as Dennis and Andy, two gentlemen we met yesterday along the trail. Yeti got work for stay and was going into town with Andy and Dennis.

So here's the funny part. Or the embarrassing part. I forgot August had 31 days. I thought today was September 1. Why does that matter? Well, September 1 is what Becca and I consider to be our anniversary.

So, since I thought it was our anniversary, I suggested we just go into town too and have a hotel day.

Well first off, I want to say that this hotel is perfect. We love it. Amd the market next door has a ridiculous beer selection too. And just a bit farther down is the woodstock brewery. But it was during check in that I learned today is august 31, not our anniversary. Lol.

So tomorrow we will spend our day going up Franconia ridge and stay at the campsite up there. Maybe we can string together more than 1 day here in the whites. But the hiking is preposterously difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment